Smart Logistic Grids
Adaptive multimodal logistics networks through integrated logistics planning and control Realization of a Supply Chain Operations Room and a Supply Chain Event Cloud for real-time risk management
The increasing activities of companies in the worldwide, networked procurement, production and sales markets are increasing in complexity on the one hand and making logistics networks more susceptible to failure on the other. Unpredictable disruptions, such as the failure of one mode of transport, result in longer response times, while at the same time customers' demands on delivery service and delivery time are constantly increasing.
The Logistics Department of the Technical University of Berlin is developing an integrated model for strategic, tactical and operational logistics planning and control in the research project "Smart Logistic Grids" in cooperation with partners from the manufacturing industry and logistics service providers. The overall objective of the project is to
- Increasing the efficiency of the overall system
- Improvement of robustness
- Minimization of interference effects
- Increase in resource efficiency
improved information availability (real-time data acquisition of
process and environmental events) and a process-related integration of
all value creation partners, efficient alternatives for dealing with
disruptions and risks are shown to the actors in a logistics network.
The focus of the research project is not only on cost aspects, but
also on the consideration of ecological sustainability goals, e.g. the
reduction of CO2 emissions in freight transport.
The overall objective of the project is to be achieved by developing the following points:
- Development of an holistic evaluation
approach for adaptable logistics networks and a concept for the
continuous optimization of agile logistics networks
- Development of an integrated model of adaptable logistics
networks for extended strategic, tactical and operational logistics
planning and control
- Development of a Supply Chain Operations Room and a global Supply Chain Event Cloud to provide and process real-time information
Framework of the project
- © Copyright??
This real-time model of risk management is tested in the form of a field test or pilot by the practical partners. The integration of previously developed IT solutions and the pilot operation of the Supply Chain Operations Room are put into practice taking into account the requirements of customers of logistics service providers.
Project Sponsors and Partners
- Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy
- FIR e.V. at the RWTH
- GS1 Germany GmbH
- Hellmann Worldwide Logistics GmbH & Co. KG
- PSI Logistics GmbH (consortium leader)
- TOP added-value logistics GmbH & Co. KG
- TU Berlin Logistics Department
- ZITEC industrial engineering GmbH
Website of the project